Emma Kozlowski Associate
|T 540.224.8017||F 540.224.8050|
Emma Maddux Kozlowski focuses on complex civil and criminal litigation, with particular emphasis on employment law and domestic relations issues. Emma represents clients in a wide array of matters before federal and state courts, as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and state administrative agencies.
Emma has successfully advocated for clients in employment matters that involve discrimination, retaliation, sexual harassment, employment contracts, and non-competition agreements. And Emma’s extensive experience representing employees makes her uniquely positioned to counsel employers on compliance and best practices with respect to a broad range of employment law issues.
In her domestic relations practice, Emma zealously advocates for clients in all family law proceedings, including adoption, divorce, alimony, custody, child support, and pre- and post- nuptial agreements.
Before joining Glenn Feldmann Darby & Goodlatte, Emma clerked for Judge G. Steven Agee of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and Judge Samuel G. Wilson of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia. With three years’ experience as a law clerk for federal trial and appellate courts, Emma knows how to communicate effectively with courts.
Emma received her J.D. with high honors from Wake Forest University School of Law in 2013. There, she served as an editor on the Wake Forest Law Review and a member of the Moot Court Board. She is published in the area of constitutional law and has argued before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.
- Fordham University (2009), magna cum laude
- Wake Forest University (2013), magna cum laude
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Glenn Feldmann Darby & Goodlatte (August 2014 -2015; August 2017 – present)
- Law Clerk for Judge G. Steven Agee United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (August 2015–August 2017)
- Law Clerk for Judge Samuel G. Wilson United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia (August 2013–August 2014)
- American Shakespeare Center, Staunton, VA (Trustee)