Maryellen Goodlatte Principal
Maryellen represents clients in a broad range of complex real estate, business and finance matters including land use and zoning, and works hard to ensure her clients’ interests are guarded, protected, and preserved. Her Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating results from exceptional ethical standards and demonstration of professional excellence. Her abilities are defined by their diversity. She is as comfortable and capable of helping a small start-up secure initial capital financing as she is in guiding a multinational corporation through a complex development deal and has a remarkable ability to bring the various parts of complex transactions together efficiently and effectively.
Maryellen has repeatedly been identified as a member of the “ Legal Elite ” by Virginia Business Magazine and is voted a “ Virginia Super Lawyer ” by other distinguished members of the legal community. She was named to Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s Inaugural listing of the “Influential Women of Virginia” and is currently among Virginia’s Top 50 Women “Super Lawyers” and has been recognized for more than 10 years in Best Lawyers in America for Real Estate Law and Real Estate Litigation.
- Bates College, cum laude (1974)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (1978)
- Roanoke Bar Association (former President)
- Virginia Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Roanoke Law Foundation Fellow
- Foundation for Roanoke Valley (Director)
- Roanoke Foundation for Downtown, Inc. (President)
- Virginia Western Community College Educational Foundation (Board Member)
- Roanoke City Public Schools Foundation, Inc. (Board Member)
- Glenn, Feldmann, Darby & Goodlatte (1983-present)
- Named to Virginia Lawyers Weekly’s Inaugural listing of “Influential Women of Virginia”
- Director, RGC Resources, Inc.