Phillip Lingafelt Principal
|T 540.224.8028||F 540.224.8050|
As a member of both the Virginia and North Carolina Bar Associations, Phillip represents clients in a diverse range of legal matters to ensure their interests and assets are guarded, protected, and preserved. An experienced bankruptcy attorney for creditors and an accomplished litigator, Phillip is exceptionally qualified to help corporate clients deal with debtors seeking to restructure debts, preserve assets, and recover outstanding judgment and payment obligations. His successful outcomes in the area of contractual and property disputes has earned him a strong reputation with regional corporate leaders and national corporations doing business in the Roanoke Valley. Phillip serves clients in the field of creditor’s rights and civil litigation, authoring articles for publication. He is experienced in construction cases, personal injury cases, criminal cases, and Estate Administration.
- James Madison University (1984) magna cum laude
- Marshall-Wythe School of Law at the College of William and Mary (1988), Order of the Coif
- Served as counsel for a creditor in a successful claim to bar a debtors’ discharge based on a fraudulent financial statement and successfully defended the claim in an appeal to the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Served as counsel for a successful appeal of a defendant’s classification as an armed career criminal to the Fourth Circuit of Appeals.
- Served as counsel in the successful trial defense of a property owner in a nuisance and trespass case involving an easement.
- Served as local counsel for a defendant company in a dispute in the United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia with a railroad that was resolved by agreement in mediation.
- Served as counsel for consumers in resolving claims under the Virginia Lemon Law.
- Glenn Feldmann Darby & Goodlatte (1990-present)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James C. Turk and the Honorable Glen E. Conrad, United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- Roanoke Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar
- Federal Bar Association, Roanoke Chapter
Hiring A Licensed Building Contractor
- Collections Are a Vital Part of Any Business
- Virginia’s Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act
- Reducing the Impact of Others’ Bankruptcy Proceedings
- Graduate of the Roanoke Regional Chamber of Commerce Leadership Roanoke Valley Program
- Member of the Ted Dalton Inn of Court
- Member of the Fourth Circuit Judicial Conference