Business and Transactional Law
Our representation includes advice on business entity formation, tax issues, mergers and acquisitions, employment issues, local government incentives for business investment and land use planning.
Some of our recent Virginia business law work includes:
- Representing an international reporter in negotiating and drafting agreements with a nationwide network of distributors.
- Representing the owners of a local manufacturing business with 200+ employees and $35 million in annual revenue in the formation and acquisition of the initial financing for the business, the subsequent sale, and transition of ownership to a joint venture composed of two European conglomerates. We continue representation after the ownership transfer.
- Representing an international manufacturing company with Roanoke area facilities in matters including real estate acquisition and development, local land use planning, construction and employment law, product development, and taxation.
- Serving as general counsel to an internet-based information services company. We provided assistance in managing the exponential growth of revenues and employees, including contracts, regulatory compliance, employment matters, analysis of economic development opportunities, and negotiations with local government officials.
- Representing a telecommunications installer in its multi-state business, real estate, and employment issues and in its joint ventures with a variety of other telecommunications entities.